Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 1 Dinner


Turnip, homegrown by Coach Brandon's father.

Dinner time.

Damn it. My family gets to eat mashed potatoes.  Don't worry, there's a substitute for that!  Mashed turnips. (Thanks to my crossfit coach, Brandon whose dad grew turnips in his garden, gave me some turnips).
Peel and cut turnips into cubes. Boil them in the water until firm.  Drain the water. Mash it with 1 tbs of coconut oil and some sea salt and pepper!

Anyways, i had mashed turnips, homemade chicken wings, leftover roasted beets and asparagus, and not really Greek salad for dinner.

Mashed Turnip

For chicken wings, place wings in a large bowl. (OH WAIT, preheat the oven at 325 degrees) Season the wings with 3 tbs of oregano, enough of sea salt and black pepper to your taste.  Coat well.  Place seasoned wings to the baking sheet.  Bake for 1 hour then increase the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 10-14 minutes until crisp. 

Dried Oregano Chicken Wings


As for Not Really Greek salad. Peel cucumber and cut them into bite sizes. (2 cucumbers) 1 cup of shredded carrots or more. 1/4 cup of sliced Greek olives, 1 tbs of oregano, 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar, 2 tbs of evoo (extra virgin olive oil), &  season with sea salt and black pepper


Doesn't that look scrumptious!
Ingredients you need to make Not Really Greek Salad





















Roasted beets and asparagus- some another time I will post the recipe since it was leftovers. I cant remember what I put in it.   

As for dessert, I probably will have half an apple, diced and  1/2 cup of frozen berries (thawed) into a bowl with 1/4 cup of chilled canned coconut milk which I will add 3-5 drops of stevia into coconut milk.  Sprinkle some pecans and shredded coconut and cinnamon.  I call that fruit bowl or fruit cereal.





Dinner plate.  I actually did not eat the leftover roasted beets and asparagus because I got full. 


Sweet dreams!

Meli Emmons.

No comments:

Post a Comment