Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 10 There's something about me and chicken!

Remember the previous blog about the orange peel chicken recipe I was telling you about?  As usual, my husband came to me "I think this is the best chicken I've ever had".  Really?  He keeps saying that every time I make chicken.  There's something about me and chicken.  LOL. 


Oops I broiled chickens a little too long but good god, they were perfect. So heavenly delicious and not to mention automatically delicious too!   I'd like to say I'm lucky to be able to come up with recipes of my own.  

Protein Kale Salad as a side dish  with chicken dinner. 

Balsamic vinegar, EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), raw pecans, and avocado. Oh and kale too. About a cup of fresh loose kale 


That's how much pecans I put in my salad.  Half an avocado, diced.  I need the fat to keep my hunger at bay after dinner or until the next morning. 


Yes I need the good fats but keep it to minimal intakes. 1 tbs EVOO. 


2 tsp of balsamic vinegar and lightly season with sea salt and pepper. Not too much.  


There's my dinner!  Orange peel chicken and protein kale salad- protein/carbs/fats. Perfectly simple and delicious.  The fewer the ingredients the better they taste. Also they save you money too! 

Afterwards, I had half of a green apple and 2 tbs of coconut butter as my dessert. 

At bedtime, I will have my L-Glutamine drink. 

I'm glad my duty in the kitchen is now over- until tomorrow.  

Oh wait, I gotta clean up the kitchen. Crap!

Good night!  Sweet dreams. 

Meli Emmons. 




No comments:

Post a Comment