Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 12 dinner- Scallops Stir Fry!

Hey y'all again!  Back here tonight to blog the scallops stir fry recipe instead of tomorrow.  I didn't want to have day 12 into day 13 blog.   Remember earlier in my blog today, I mentioned I didn't know what to make for dinner?  As a matter of fact, I couldn't think of anything until about 5 PM... Shrimp Stir Fry!  So, I went to H-E-B to collect items as quickly as I could except shrimp.  In the seafood market, all shrimp were frozen.  I needed something thawed and I saw those wild-caught scallops were readily available.  All thawed out.   Do not buy farm raised seafood, wild-caught only!  They are fresh.  Can be previously frozen, as long as they are still wild-caught. 
I grabbed 2 bags of Medley Stir Fry veggies, a bunch of green scallions, a carton of sliced mushrooms (I didn't want to buy whole mushroom because I was running out of time to chop or slice them tonight), coconut aminos (do not get soy sauce but if you cannot find coconut aminos, then soy sauce is okay, as long as you don't over-consume these.  Or if you already have soy sauce in hand and do not want to waste money on buying coconut aminos, which is fine too.  It's not like you are getting fined, I use 100% whey isolate  lactose free protein anyway) and some other items that are not for the recipe.  

Boy, was it so cold outside, we couldn't wait to get home where its all warm and cozy inside.

When we got home, it was 6 PM and it took us approximately 30 minutes to quickly prep and cook our dinner.  Abby, my daughter, helped me out in the kitchen.  A big helper!  Not to mention a very quick clean up in a jiffy too!

Here are pictures of the recipe: Scallops Stir Fry



Thawed wild-caught Scallops  1.5 lb. (At H-E-B)

This is what coconut aminos looks like in case you want to look for those.

Abby, my big helper in the kitchen.  She diced 3 green scallions (you can use a whole bunch of green scallions, we try to not to add too much onions in our food.  Not highly fond of onions nor garlic)  You can add garlic if you want.
  I added 1 TBS of coconut oil into deep frying pan at medium-high heat or number 6-7if you have gas stove. Cook scallions for about a minute or two.
Meanwhile, put scallops into a mixing bow, sprinkle some sea salt (not too much since coconut aminos or soy sauce are high in sodium) and black pepper.  Juice of 1 lemon (I usually put lemon in all seafood, just my habit) Add about 1/4 cup of coconut aminos.  Probably less for soy sauce.  They are more richer than coconut aminos.  Stir the scallops.

Before you add scallops into the pan, add about 2 TBS of sesame seeds  into coconut aminos marinaded scallops in the mixing bowl and stir well.  Then, add coconut aminos marinaded scallops into pan and cook for about 5 minutes or longer.  Check on scallops to see if they are almost cooked through before you add Medley stir fry veggies.

Add 2 bags of medley stir fry veggies and half a carton of sliced mushrooms (I wanted to save the half of that for omelet in the morning) into the pan and stir well so they are coated evenly.  Add a little bit more of coconut aminos (1 TBS) or soy sauce (few splashes), stir again.  Cover and let it cook for about 2-4 minutes.  I don't like our veggies too soft or soggy.  I like them warm and firm.
If you have guts, sprinkle some of that over your stir fry at the end of cooking.  Stir again, and then it's done!  Remove the pan from the heat.  You can serve scallops stir fry over brown rice or noodles (both my kids had some brown rice.)
My dinner!  Without rice.  Add some splash of coconut aminos or soy sauce  if you want to.  I did!  Add some sea salt or pepper if you feel they need some.  I didn't.  

That was my last minute dinner recipe.  Finished eating those before 7 PM!  Quick and easy recipe at the last minute!  According to my husband, that is what he loves about me, I can whip up dinner in a jiffy!  

I'm going to retire now and watch some TV shows.  Thank God for DVR's!

Good Night, y'all!

Meli Emmons

No comments:

Post a Comment