Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 4 Breakfast/Lunch/Crossfit

I can't believe I'm on day 4 already.  So far so good except I'm feeling a little bit tired today which means I need to up my protein and fats intakes since I'm back into working out. 

As usual I had my regular cappuccino (verismo espresso pod, coconut oil, frothed unsweetened vanilla milk, and nutmeg). 

After I got back from carpooling my kids to school, I made breakfast of an omelette and 20 oz of water.  Then I had a cup of green tea the following. 

Breakfast were of 2 eggs, breakfast sausage, asparagus, spinach, and avocado.

Right after breakfast, I cleaned up the mess then I forgot I had to prep for dinner--crap more clean ups!  So, I started to prep pot roast for dinner because it takes all day to slow cook it.  You want it so tender and so rich in flavors.  Believe me, it's the best. 
Eye round roast, celery and including its stalks of heart, onions, and carrots.  Just sea salt and black pepper.  I'm simple with seasonings, usually. I don't like overpowering my recipes with too many ingredients. I like to add as few ingredients as possible to my recipes including seasonings. I personally think that celery and its heart really give it a kick in flavors.  

Eye round roast, celery, carrots, onion, sea salt, and black pepper
Chopped up vegetables including celery stalks of heart

In a large mixing bowl, season your meat with sea salt and black pepper, coat well.  Oh, I see my reflection on the bowl.  
Then transfer your meat into a large frying pan on high heat.  Brown each side of the meat (cook each side for about 1-2 minutes or until browned- no oil no butter).
Then transfer your browned meat with fat facing up into the pot atop vegetables. Add about 5 cups of water.  Cover and bake at the bottom rack in your oven at 225 degrees all day long (about 7-8 hours) When it is almost time for dinner, like 30  minutes - 1 hour before, check the pot to see if the meat is tender enough (meat falls apart easily). If it does that, take it out and let let it rest for 30 minutes, with the top covered.   If it does not,  then continue on cooking it for another 30 minutes to 1 hour at 300 degrees (keep checking). 

After I prepped the dinner meal,  I rested my feet for a little bit before I changed into my workout gear. 

I didn't do my coach's WOD. I wasn't ready for double unders and power snatch yet. Jealous again but ,I of course, had to get creative with my own workouts. 

3 sets of 10 reps strict press using bar #65-cute, I know but not easy when wearing the surgical boot-gotta retain my balance.

3 sets of 10 reps bent over rows using bar #65

21-15-9 Dumbell curls #20 and #25
21-15-9 Dumbell triceps #30 and #35

3 sets of 8 reps lateral rises #10

WOD 
Nonstop 4 rounds of  bar #85 10 deadlifts and 10 ring rows  (My PR ((personal record)) in deadlift was #275 but I had to watch out for my post-OP feet so I had to go easy and light on weights.  Just for a couple more months. I will increase weights gradually as I go). Again, remember, I was out of crossfit for 2 months after my first surgery and then 2 weeks after my 2nd surgery.  My patience will pay off. First I have to focus on my eating habit and slowly reintroduce myself back into getting fit again.  

As for lunch, I was too tired to fix the meal as a matter of fact. But thank god for leftovers.  I had a beef sausage (like brats) salad. Romaine, carrot matchsticks, orange bell peppers, sauerkraut, avocado, lemon juice, and LVOO (light virgin olive oil).  Cup of peppermint tea to aid in digestion.  Night shades give me gases or indigestion sometimes (bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, and chili peppers for example). 

I'm going to retire right now until the next blog on dinner and snack or dessert.  Like I said earlier, I'm feeling a little bit tired so I think I'll get my power nap. 



Did you eat clean and workout today?  I sure hope so!

Have a great afternoon, y'all!

Meli Emmons

No comments:

Post a Comment