Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 8 Lunch and Dinner and Denver Broncos WON!!!!!!


Hooray!!!!  Denver Broncos won!  I'm so sorry New England Patriot fans!!   Great game!  
Super Bowl here we come!





Today was a lovely day.  I didn't feel so lazy and got busier with kitchen this time.

Troy and his girlfriend, Kristin, came over to watch the game with us.  They brought in yummy burgers for the kids and themselves.  Eric, my husband, and I didn't eat them because they had  other ingredients in them that we couldn't have.  Which was fine.  Our meal plan changed easily, we had bratwurst wraps instead.  

At snack time I had leftover MP (muscle pharm) protein pancakes, so good!!!!  They were fulfilling and delicious.

And good God, remember, I drink a gallon of water a day... I kept going to the bathroom over and over everyday!  When someone is in the bathroom downstairs or talking to me, I felt like this cat (picture below)

Exactly that!!  Every 10-20 minutes.  A gallon of water a day does that to you.  LOL  

Dinner (5:30 PM) Oh my, I can't wait to establish details on what I did with the chicken!!!  Or let pictures show you how scrumptious they look!  To die for!  On top of my mind, I intuitively took out the coconut curry spices and a can of full fat coconut milk from the pantry.  So easy and simple to make, I promise.   (Takes 3 hours to slow cook it, so be sure you prep 3 hours prior to your dinner time).  I was so eager to prep them.  I hurriedly took the mixing bowl out to put chicken thighs in so I could play with coconut curry spices. I'm trying to think of a recipe name for that. Maybe According to Meli's Coconut Curry Chicken. Yeah, that's it.  We had roasted rosemary sweet potatoes and coconut vinegar cucumber salad.  I steamed brown rice for kids.  They are not big on sweet potatoes nor cucumber.  But, my daughter had some sweet potatoes, though.  (My son has his friend over too, I knew he didn't like sweet potatoes either)  No dessert tonight.  I'm happily satiated from a good dinner meal.  I had a small cappuccino right before dinner.  Which is probably why I have no craving for any desert or snacks afterwards.  It is past 7 PM now anyway.  


No need to caption that.  You can read these.  Plus sea salt and black pepper too. Coat chicken thighs well.  Trim off some skin  before you season them.

Place seasoned chicken thighs in the dutch oven with skin facing up.

Oh, here it comes the full fat coconut milk from the can poured generously over chicken in the dutch oven.  Sprinkle some more of coconut curry spices.  Put the top on and place it on the lowest rack in the oven at 300 degrees for 3 hours.  The last 30 minutes prior to dinner time, take the top off turn the heat up to 375 degrees and cook again for about 20 more minutes.  (That is when I put roasted sweet potatoes in)
Then turn the broiler on and broil for about 5-10 minutes until golden  (see the picture down)

In the meanwhile, I cut peeled the cucumber and cut them and added about 2 tsp of coconut vinegar, dash of dried or fresh oregano, sea salt, and black pepper.  That's it.  Again, so simple.  A few ingredients will surprise you how delicious they taste.  The fewer the better.

I love these so much!  Eric and I will need some sweet potatoes for workout fuel this week.  I sliced sweet potatoes in half inch and placed them in a casserole dish.  I poured melted coconut oil (1 TBS) over these babies.  I added sea salt and pepper and chopped fresh rosemary from our backyard.  When you turn 375 degrees up for chicken, that is when you put the casserole dish in.  Then 20-30 minutes later BEFORE you turn the broiler on to brown chicken skin, take the sweet potatoes out.

Viola!!!!  Isn't that a beauty!  You cannot deny it!  Meli's Coconut Curry Chicken in the dutch oven!  Sooooo yummmmyyyy!

My dinner.  Veggie in a snack size plate and chicken thigh in a bowl so I could scoop some of the coconut sauce over chicken!  You have to try this recipe.  I promise you won't be disappointed!


My day went good.  It was relaxing and busy at the same time but in a positive way.  I noticed that my energy level is finally slowly coming back to me.  I don't want to jinx it but we'll see how I feel tomorrow after crossfit.  

Oh by the way, I have decided not to weigh my self daily.  The weight will not drop usually after about 2-3 weeks from my experience.  I only lost a total of 1 pound since I started eating clean.  Your body goes into emergency mode and holding onto your body fat not understanding what it is going on.  Once the body realizes it is not getting the white carbs or white devils  or sugar anymore, it starts using your body fat to fuel itself therefore it burns fat.  Your weight will melt away.  Remember, it does not happen overnight.  It will take a while to change your body.  Exercising will help speed things up but it won't happen within a week. It will take a few weeks.  Your body is confused right now. It is holding onto its fat, it is being selfish right now.  Which is why you will feel deprived and grouchy or moody.  It is wanting the bad carbs or sugar so badly for the fuel.  We don't need them!  We need our own body fat for fuel, right?  Makes sense?  Some people lose more the first week or so.  I consider them very lucky people.  I'm not one of them.  From my past 3 experiences, it took me after 3 weeks to finally notice my weight dropping significantly.  Every one is different. Every one reacts differently.  Again, it sucks, right?  Just accept that.  Focus on yourself and do not compare yourself with anyone else.  Do not give up!!  Patience and Persistence will pay off.  It happened to me before, so therefore, I will get there.  Hopefully, I won't have any more surgeries in the future.  

I hope you enjoyed your beautiful Sunday.  The weather was fantastic down here in Austin, TX (Bastrop).  I didn't get to go for a short walk today.  I had company at our house.  But making many trips to the kitchen prepping meals and cleaning up sure kept me busy which is a good alternative.  

No school tomorrow for kids!  Yay!  Another day to sleep in late!  I drank cappuccino before dinner so I know I won't be able to go to bed early tonight.  Good excuse!  

See you back here tomorrow.  

Good Night, y'all  
Sweet Dreams!

Meli Emmons


No comments:

Post a Comment