Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 18 I couldn't wait until tomorrow to share my Lemon-Coconut Chia Pudding recipe with you

I suddenly thought of making chia pudding for our dessert earlier tonight. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to share the recipe with you!  I especially love eating banana chia pod that I usually buy at central market in Austin.  Our H-E-B in Bastrop doesn't sell those. So I made up the recipe that would be like I'm eating chia pod right at home.  It's a bargain when it doesn't look like a bargain!

Here's my, again, so simple and so easy recipe to make chia pudding!

Lemon-Coconut Chia Pudding:

2 cups of any dairy free milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk), 1/2 cup of black or white chia seed, 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (unsweetened), 20-25 drops of vanilla creme stevia liquid or any flavor of your choice, and 1 tsp of pure lemon extract.  



Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well.  Taste if it needs more stevia or lemon extract. More or less. 


Grab a jar or an air tight container, pour the chia pudding mixture into the jar. 
Shake the jar a couple of times. Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Overnight will taste better.   


2.5 hours later, my chia pudding's ready!


Add few wild berries in a small bowl. (I used Le Creuset mini bowl which is a portion-wise)


I topped Lemon-Coconut Chia Pudding over wild berries then added little bit of coconut chips (unsweetened) and garnished with a couple of fresh mint. 


Great for a snack or dessert.  Or even have it for breakfast.  You can top it with anything. Cinnamon. Nutmeg. Chocolate powder. Fresh fruits like bananas or strawberries or berries.  You can get creative with your chia pudding. I once made banana chia pudding and pumpkin pie chia pudding. It was soooo good!!  

Enjoy!


G'Night y'all

Meli Emmons


No comments:

Post a Comment