Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 7 Breakfast and Lunch and Beef Jerky Making

Hello y'all.  I slept in late this morning!  I had a good night's sleep, finally.  What a glory sunshine morning we had!  
I love how it looks in the mornings in our living room.



I had my Cappuccino with coconut milk creamer (I frothed it, it didn't froth much but better than nothing) and coconut oil as usual.  

Cappuccino
 Why do I always put coconut oil in my coffee?  My number 1 reason is: Cystic Acne and Poop (yes.  It is a natural laxative).    

I swear they kill head lice too!  I once used that on one of my kids' head.  I could not believe it worked!!  Amazed me.  Here's how to kill head lices with coconut oil
I left the shower cap on one of my kids' head overnight (more than 12 hours) Follow the instruction according to the link I inserted.  

Where to buy: 
http://nutiva.com (Tuesdays have big bargain deals!)  


Also, we mostly buy ours at Costco.  They are pretty cheap too.  Just be sure they are organic and unrefined pure extra virgin coconut oil.

Now, you see why I add coconut oil in my coffee, always.  About 1 to 2 tsp.  Not too much because I try to consume 3 TBS of coconut oil a day.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, sautéed napa cabbage, and avocado.  



I made a few groceries list for my hubby to fetch.  I was still in my pajamas and my husband was already dressed to go out anyway.  We were excited to make beef jerky today!  I kept asking him to make some this week because I like to snack on beef jerky instead of nuts.  He made beef jerky before and they were sooooooo good!  So excited.  So, he went out to buy the meat, Eye Round, because it is lean.  After my husband returned from the grocery store, he started to prep beef jerky. Again, so wickedly excited!  We dehydrate them for about 6-7 hours.  I will post pictures of them when they are done.  Right now, I will post pictures of my hubby prepping beef jerky.  


Hubby trimming off the fat

Hubby sliced beef to make beef jerky
Done with slicing.  Don't they look deliciously beautiful?!

My hubby seasoned beef jerky in sea salt and black pepper.  Simple ingredients.

Now they are being dehydrated in what we use called Ecalibur Dehydrator.  

Want to know where to find Ecalibur Dehydrator?

http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/dehydrators?gclid=CP6c4_uoiLwCFdHm7Aodwx0Aww

Great product.



I made plans for meals today.  Lunch will be BLT, actually BALT (bacon avocado lettuce tomato).  Instead of bread, we will use either green leaf scoop or napa cabbage scoop.  Dinner will be Bratwrust Salad.  I am not sure on snacks yet.  Probably nuts, again.  Getting bored with nuts.  For sure, I will have a fruit after dinner.  (1 fruit serving a day for me).  

Water is what I have been drinking all day long and everyday.  Keep hydrating. Again, the toilet is your best friend.  Even better, it never talks back to you!

I think I will spend some time outside in the glory sunshine.  It will get warmer.  Maybe in the 70s.  

It's Saturday, go and have fun but don't go crazy on your clean eating meals.  


Stay active!

Good Day, y'all!

Meli Emmons

No comments:

Post a Comment