Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 4-5-6

Good Morning, y'all!  This is Day 6.  I apologize for not being here on the night of day 4.  I was exhausted from the reintroduction of Paleo and Crossfit.  I forgot that jump starting your clean eating habit and working out can drain out your energy.  At first I thought I was getting too old!  But, I regained some of my energy yesterday (Day 5).  This morning, I'm getting more of energy back too but then I checked my Period Tracker app, oh I start in a week.  That kind of explains why I am dragging with exhaustion and sleepiness.  Hey, it's my blog, I can get as personal as I want.  This is the point of blogging, right?  Blog, blog, blog, blog and blog whatever comes off of my mind.   

Luckily, I stayed loyal to food logging in my food journal book.  That way, I can remember what I ate or drank to make blogs about it.

Anyway, on the night of Day 4, remember, I made pot roast for dinner?  It was a success.  It was so good.  See the picture below.  However the hour before I took it out, I had to check it to be sure it was tender or meat falling apart.  It wasn't quite as tender as I'd like it to be so I increased the temperature to 300 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.  Ta-Da!  It got tender enough for me to take the dutch oven out of the oven.  I let it rest for the next 20  minutes.  My husband couldn't wait to eat so it didn't rest as long as Id like and it tasted heavenly delicious.  


Pot Roast with onions, celery, and carrots. (Day 4 Dinner)

After dinner, I was still really craving for something sweet.  Regrettably, I had a fat ass bowl of fruit cereal.  I put a whole banana in the bowl along with 4 strawberries, quite handful of dried cranberries,  shredded coconut, and pecans.  More than 1/4 cup of chilled canned coconut milk cream, and cinnamon.  Boy, was I stuffed.  I so regretted it.  I couldn't burp.  I also drank water too soon after dinner and dessert.  I was miserable.  I wanted to kick myself.   I looked so pregnant.  ;-(  oh, hell yes, I also drank a cup of pure organic grapefruit juice.  Go figure!  What was I thinking?  too much fruits + too much sugar= weight gain.

The next morning on  Day 5, I gained 1 lb.  Back to #154.  Well, shit, I wanted to kick myself for overindulging on dessert portion.  Then I checked my food journal book for Day 4, I realized I ate too many fruits servings.  And nuts too.  According to an article I read somewhere, that if you eat too many fruit servings, you will either gain weight or stuck at the same weight.  So, I had to watch my fruit intakes.  1-2 servings a day is suffice.  Let me find a link for you! http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/eating-too-much-fruit-is-this-ever-a-problem.html#b
and 

So, I made a plan to omit fruits but to one serving and a handful of nuts only for Day 5 and so forth.  Here goes...


Breakfast, I had cappuccino (coconut oil, unsweetened vanilla almond milk frothed and cinnamon) and a Muscle Pharm Combat protein smoothie (I know it is not a dairy free, but I needed the protein and I wasn't too hungry for eggs or wasn't in the mood to chew food because of my stupid over indulgent the night before and besides I was feeling sore from crossfit).  What was in my MP smoothie: MP Combat protein, spinach (handful), few ices, unsweetened vanilla almond milk- less than a cup, water (until the liquid reached to 1 cup in my Blendtec blender) and 2 tbs of Chia seeds, just because.  It was yummy and fulfilling until lunch at noon.  Picture of my lunch below.


More information on MP (muscle pharm) http://musclepharm.com  We purchased their products via Vitamin Shoppe.  Good prices, or you can order them via Amazon if you can find cheaper prices on these.  

Or



Day 5 Lunch.  Leftover chicken thigh and simple salad (romaine, avocado, carrot matchsticks, LVOO, and lemon juice)  Never go hungry or empty stomach when you need to step out of the house to run errands, therefore you ll binge on crap food away from home.

Day 5, got enough energy back to dress up nicely to run errands with my hubby.


After my husband and I finished with our errands in Austin, we picked up some BBQ because our kids wanted some.   The BBQ's were very good!  We had lean briskets and fresh broccoli salad that had carrots and onions in it and some vinaigrette.  And I had one small clementine orange the following. That was my first and last fruit of the day.

Oh, not to mention I chugged down a gallon of water a day, I visit bathrooms frequently.  This at Poke Jo's BBQ place, their pubic women's bathroom, this I love!

Oh, between our errands, we got hungry 2.5 hours after our lunch, so we ate some mixed nuts (purchased from Costco).  We felt satiated.  
3 hours after dinner, we had MP combat protein drink before bedtime.  Instead of fruits. 



Now, Day 6 (my weight remained the same, #154- I guess from water retention, I am nearing to menstrual cycle due date or my muscle has grew.  My husband has mentioned that he is noticing my jawline more now and that my top waist is slimming down.  I still have that bulging belly.  So that probably explains from water retention and over indulgent on fruit servings the past few days).  I'm trying not to disappoint myself and I aim to continue my clean eating program anyway.  I remember 3 years ago, my weight loss did not start to drop until around week 2-3.  Also, it took months for you to gain weight, therefore; it'll take a while to lose all those gained weight.  Agreed?  Miracles don't happen overnight but wishful thinking, right?!

Breakfast: my husband made breakfast for us.  Such a sweetheart isn't he?!  We had scrambled eggs with sausage, kale, and an avocado (a big slice).  

AND NO I DID NOT HAVE MY CAPPUCCINO THIS MORNING!  I took fat burning powder instead which equivalents to 3 cups of coffee.  So, laid off Cappy this morning.  BPI Stim-Elite is what we took upon our awake on an empty stomach.  We'll see in a few weeks for the results.   This BPI Stim-Lite contains green coffee bean concentrated extract.  Let me get a link for you.


I'll be back for Day 6 Crossfit/Lunch/Dinner blogs.  Have a great day, y'all! Oh, and happy Friday too!  TGIF!

Meli Emmons




No comments:

Post a Comment