Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 7 & 8

Morning again.  What a glory morning again!  Yesterday was my lazy day.  I wasn't feeling like doing anything.  My daughter and I bummed out on the couch all day long watching TV shows and movies.   

I could not wait for beef jerky to be done dehydrating all day long.   I anticipated eating beef jerky last night.

Lunch: BALT (Bacon Avocado Lettuce Tomato)  Really simple and easy.  A little bit messy to eat those but you can wrap lettuce to hold these in.

My daughter prepped veggies side for BALT.  Great helper!

The Paleo BALT

Snack... I gave in, I made trail nut mix with dried cranberries and coconut chips.  I made a trail nut mix cereal as my big snack.  I was so hungry.  Kids were eating popcorn and drinking sodas.  Better this than those, right?


Beef jerky was a successful!  It was so good.  So delicious!  

  The beef jerky that we dehydrated all day yesterday!

In fact, I ate several beef jerky as my dinner.  I wasn't really hungry to cook a big meal because of huge snack I consumed earlier that day.   I, however, warmed up leftover pot roast for my family.  
After I was done eating some beef jerky, I downed a protein smoothie drink.  My combination of dinner and dessert.
Muscle Pharm Combat smoothie drink as I was watched 2014 20th SAGAwards Live on TV.  I'm so glad Breaking Bad won the award!!! And Bryant Cranson too!  YAYAYAY!



As of this morning, upon my awake, I had my regular cappuccino (coconut oil, unsweetened coconut milk, and nutmeg) and had scrambled eggs for breakfast 30 minutes after.  10 minutes later, I wasn't satisfied with just scrambled eggs.   I checked on my twitter and Muscle Pharm's tweeted their protein pancake recipe.  I was suddenly hungry by their recipe.  However, it had oats in it.  I thought I could modify the recipe as usual the primal way.  (Primal is like Paleo except it has dairy in it--- Muscle Pharm Combat has dairy in it, so I have to say Primal.  Right?) 
http://savingdinner.com/paleo-primal-whats-difference/  (ohh, sounds like I'm in between paleo and primal.)

Anyway, I went ahead and made MP's protein pancakes.   I eliminated Oats and opted for Almond and Coconut flour instead.  I used a whole egg instead of 2 egg whites because I hate to waste yolks!  Yolks are good for you anyway.  I added maca root powder which has awesome benefits!  
( I should use maca daily, oh well).

Muscle Pharm's protein pancakes original recipe

My MP protein pancakes modified recipe.  Follow their recipe but instead of oats, I used half cup of almond flour and 1/4 cup of coconut flour.  Added 1 tsp of maca powder, and 1/4 cup of water to make the batter less dough-like.  Since coconut flour consumes liquids therefore batter was dough-like.  Add enough water to make it pancake-like batter.

MP pancake batter, coconut oil spray, and pancake griddle pan

Aren't they cute? Small pancakes.

My pancake syrup.  Melt coconut oil and add cinnamon and vanilla creme stevia drops (5-6 drops) and drizzle that over your pancakes

Yummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy!!  I have plenty of leftovers.  Will have some for my snack later this afternoon. Or Dessert
after dinner!  You have to try these!  





Today, Troy (my children's father)  ill come over to watch the football game with my husband.  New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.  We are rooting for Broncos!!!!  (My hubby's from Colorado).  I sure hope we win!!!  It's time for a change!  Broncos better make it to Super Bowl!

Troy will bring some homemade cowboy burgers for lunch.  I'm curious!  I can't wait!  Nice change for someone to bring or cook meals for us!  

Dinner will be bratwursts.  Troy has been telling us how delicious brats were especially from Sprouts.  So, I went and bought these there.  I'm curious how they taste!  We've been buying ours from H-E-B or Whole Food Market or Central Market.  Gonna see who wins the best brats!  Troy says Sprouts!  

Another gorgeous weather today down here in Austin, TX (Bastrop to be precise).  

I think I may go for a short walk.  Slow, of course.  It's hard to walk briskly with boot on.  I CANNOT wait until my Doctor's appointment this Thursday to see if I can discontinue wearing the boot or not!!!  It is healing nicely but still sensitive in the ankle and toe area.  But I'm telling you they are healing quicker than my right foot did!   My right foot took a long time to recover (almost 3 months!) Because I fell down and sprained my ankle TWICE!!  Damn crutches!  They are hazardously cursed! I used knee scooter my 2nd surgery. I wish I knew about it before the first surgery!  Dr didn't think I needed it.  Really, yea, I didn't need it?  I sprained my ankle twice and took longer to recover.   Could barely walk on my right foot.  I limped for a long time, so uncomfortably painful.  The doctor had to give me cortisone shot in my ankle area during my 2nd surgery.  

If you ever think of having foot surgery, get knee scooter!!! And a walker to use in the bathroom to squat down or get up.  I had none of these the first time.  Biggest mistake. 

 I so cannot wait to return to normal.   I so cannot wait to run again.  I miss running so much.  I miss getting hardcore in crossfit too.  Speaking of which, this week, we get to go 4 times a week!  YAY!  3 times a week were not enough for me but I had to reintroduce my feet back into crossfit slowly.  3 times a week for the last 2 and half weeks is suffice for me to add an extra day into my weekly workout routine.  

Have a great Sunday, y'all!  Watch the football game today!  Root for Broncos!!!

Meli Emmons

No comments:

Post a Comment