Wednesday, February 12, 2014

SquatsChallenge and Meli's Surprise Chicken Burger Recipe!!

Did you do your Squats Challenge yet???  You better!  I did!  Total of squats during TV commercials last night was 125.  (25 squats every time the commercials come on during 1 of your favorite TV shows at bedtime or after dinner).
In summary, the reason why we should do 25 Squats 30 Day Challenge is because they will help us digest those undigested food in our belly near bedtime.   Try it, yourself!  They did work.  Not only that, they will give you a nice butt too!  Oh, and those legs too!!!  Strengthens your core too. 

Also, do 30 air squats before each meal.  I dare you!  

This morning I forgot to squat before breakfast!!  But, hey, I remembered that during my shower, so I did 30 air squats in the shower.  Be sure the shower floor or bathtub is clear of soap or shampoo/conditioner so it won't be too slippery to do squats.  I was in a hurry because I had a DR's appointment at 10 AM for my left foot 7 weeks POST-OP follow up.

I went to the food store after my doctor's appointment to grab some stuff.  I absent-minded grabbed pickled jars off the shelf.   Well, not really, I was in the mood to have some pickled something for snacks or whatever.  

When I got home, I was looking into the fridge to find something to cook for lunch.  I looked at grounded chicken and  ( yea, yea, yea, I know... there's something about me and chicken) thought... what ingredients will I put in these?  I had a light bulb pop up in my mind... Pickled Chicken Burgers!  Oh yea!!  I thought I'd surprise my husband with that which is why I named it, Meli's Surprise Chicken Burgers!   Here's how to make these...



You will need these.  Dill Relish, not sweet!  (sugar! bad bad for you) and Mild Bananas Peppers Rings (Soo yummy!  They are not spicy at all!  They are not like jalapeños, so quit whining "Oh, I can't stand spicy food.  Oh, are they spicy??" Just quit that!  Have some and you'll be addicted to these!  I use these in my tuna or chicken salad.  Or eat those alone as a snack.  So yummmmmmmmyyyy!  They are pickled, FYI.  Anyway, about 3 TBS of each.  For banana pepper rings, you will need to chop them up.

Place grounded chicken into a mixing bowl.  Add dill relish and chopped banana pepper rings into the bowl.  Season it with sea salt and black pepper.  Yes, that's it.  You'll be "surprised" when you bite on that chicken burger filled with pickled stuff.  It will dance in your mouth heavenly!

Use your hands to mix the chicken mixture.  "Ew, germs!?"  Suck it up, y'all.  that's what antibacterial soap and water are for.  To wash those germs off your hands.  You'll be fine.

 I turned it on at low-medium heat (number 2-3 for gas stove) Let the pan skillet get warm first before you place patties in there .  Meanwhile,  make chicken patties and then place them into the skillet and turn up the heat to medium (number 5-6) and cook about 5  minutes each side. Or until browned.

While these chicken burgers were cooking, I asked my hubby to prepare watermelon for me.  Why? Because he has an incredible patience to work with watermelons than I do.  He cuts these babies up real pretty too!!

Before we ate our lunch, my husband and I did 30 air squats!  Yes, I made him do it too. LOL  He'll thank me later for this.

There's something about me and chicken again.  Eric, my husband, swears, this is his best chicken burger ever.  Again.  LOL.
Place some sweet leaf or green leaf on your plate and some sliced cucumbers with squeeze of fresh lemon juice.  Salt and pepper these.  Place the Surprise Chicken Burger on top of sweet leaf or any kind of greens of your choice.  I squeezed some Dijon mustard on my chicken burger.  I love tangy burgers!
I brewed some chamomile and green tea to drink after lunch.  We had watermelons as our dessert after lunch.  Yum!





Here's a picture of my post-op feet.  Don't they look so much better?!  My left foot in the toe area is still swelling some.  My right foot is looking so much better except the ankle area is still swelling some too but it has reduced a lot since the last 4 months.  Because I have sprained my right ankle TWICE the first week of my post-op!  It was so painful!   Thank God, I haven't sprained my left ankle.  Gratefully, my left foot is recovering quickly than my right foot did.    The toe area (where I had both bunions removed) are still sensitive. The muscle and joints are not flexible yet but they are tolerable though.  I have to do PT on these by doing lunges as part of stretching/exercising.

I also had cortisone injection in my left ankle so the achy pain will go away.  OH MY GOD!! It was AGONY!!  I was going to get another cortisone injection in my right ankle but then my DR thought I should wait on that until Monday so I could take some pain and anxiety meds prior to injection.  It was unimaginably painful, let me tell you!  The injection needle had to sink deeply into my scar incision and to the bone.   I almost cried.  I was panicking.  The doctor felt bad so he thought I should wait until Monday.  Bless his heart!  He knows how terrified or petrified I am of needles injected so deeply inside me anywhere.  I jokily begged  him to put me to sleep first!   Now, you get the picture.   
But, now the aching pain in my left ankle has subsided since the cortisone injection.  I admit it was worth the agony pain.

Left foot is still swelling some.  I have total of 8 screws in my feet.  3 screws in each toe (removed bunions and put my joints together with screws and 1 big implant in each ankle for flat feet correction.)  I am still applying scar gel over my scar incisions.  That will take a while.  I love my feet!  My knees don't touch each other anymore!   I feel taller, really!




  So, the total of before meal squats we did today was 60, so far.  Plus more later on before snack and dinner and also TV commercials at bedtime during 1 of our TV shows.  Start right now with this challenge, y'all!!!




Be back later for more yummy recipes.

Meli Emmons







No comments:

Post a Comment