Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Part of day 23 and day 24 Check out my Herb De Provence Chicken Thighs recipe!

Part of Day 23:
After breakfast, I got ready for our Noon Crossfit.  Guess what, I finally got to wear both normal shoes, well, Oly (Olympic, heavyweight lifting shoes) yesterday!  I was happy!  So happy!  Of course, I did it nice and easy with front squats.  I haven't done any heavy weight squats for nearly 4 months!  Air squats, yes, but not with weights!
See my cute Oly shoes below?

Oly shoes on!  No more surgical boot!  I hope so!

Of course, my ankles are still weak.  I have to train my ankles again to get the strength back to normal.  That means I cannot tempt myself to go HAF (Heavy as Fu-k) or HAS (Heavy as Sh-t).  My last 1 RM for Front Squat before surgery was at #165.  This time, I went as heavy as #125.  Not so bad for nearly 4 months of no weight squats.  I did it real nice and slow.  I slowly increased the weight after every 3 tries.  The heavier they got, I went for 1 try (1 rep) every time I added more weight to the max where my ankles could tolerate a little bit.  No more.  So, #125.  Then after that, we had to do 1000 M Row for benchmark.  Yesterday was the benchmark day for both FTSQ and Row.  I finished 1000 M Row in 4:10.  Not bad.  It did kind of hurt my toes and ankles a little bit but tolerable.    When we were all finished.  I went ahead and did 3 sets of 30 reps Toes to Bar for abs.  And then I did 5 butter-fly pull-ups.  
This was our WOD for Day 23.  Find your 1RM (Rep Max) FRSQ (Front Squat). And 1000 M Row.

Really a good workout!  I so needed that.  I like it when my heart pounds from working out.  When I got home, I drank L-glutamine and BCAA with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  Then, I had a bowl of chili that my husband warmed up for me.  I didn't eat very much of that.  I probably had like 3 or 4 spoonfuls of chili.  I was running late for an appointment in Austin.  So, I rushed to get ready but I bought a bag of pork chips for my snack later in the afternoon.

I felt like a clown wearing this to Crossfit and H-E-B.  Hehe.


Lunch, leftover chili.  Didn't finish it.  Only had 3-4 spoonfuls of that. 
I love that!  Ingredients: Fried pork skin and salt.  That's it!!  That is why I love this bag!  I snack on these when I get hungry or running low on fuel.

I got home a little later than I thought from Austin.  I had ran a several errands.  I got home about 6:30 PM.  I managed to make Breakinner (breakfast for dinner)

Omelet with asparagus and a dollop of guacamole dip.  Then I had Not Really La Madeline Romanof for dessert.  


Day 24:

My husband made some bacon and I made scrambled eggs for our breakfast.  Latte, of course.

Then Crossfit time.

Oh boy!  Great HIIT!  (High Intensity Interval Training)  High cardio and Lifting at the same time.  I loved it!
Bear Complex (Clean; Press; Back Squat; Press)  DT (12 Dead lift; 9 Hang 6 Clean; Press)   Curtis (Hang Clean; Front Squat or Front Lunge; Press) I did these at #65 instead of #95.  Remember, my ankles are not strong enough to tolerate HAS (Heavy as Sh-t) weights yet.  Patience will pay off.  The time cap was 25 minutes.  I took the picture of the board before the coach changed the time cap.  
Ignore the 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM, they were from yesterday's WOD.  6 AM and 12 PM from today.  I wish I could do it with #95.  #65 is still great to use for a fast workout.  Fat Burner workout! 


Blurry picture, but I had to take another picture of my Oly shoes again!  So excited!  'Suse my powder on my pants.  After that, I did 3 strict pull-ups and some ABS workouts too.

When I got home, I had my regular L-glutamine and BCAA drink and then had some carrots and celery dip with guacamole and a very small bowl of chili.

When I was getting ready for my bath... oh wow!  Look at my Hang Clean mark on my front leg!!  Dang!  Bonus points for that!    That says I did it too fast, dropping hard on my leg when doing hang cleans.  Looks like hickey marks.
See below.
Bonus points!  From Hang Cleans.


This was my afternoon snack.  Banana Chia Pudding that I made last night.  I let it sit in the fridge overnight.  It was sooooo gooooooodddd!!  Mash a banana in a bowl.  15 drops of vanilla creme stevia liquid into the bowl too and add a can of coconut milk (not Lite, full fat).  Add 1/2 cup of chia seeds into the bowl and stir well.  Fill that in a mason jar or an air tight container.  Let it chill in the refrigerator overnight or 2 hours.  

Before I took my bath, I prepped for dinner.  Herb De Provence Chicken Thighs.


About 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup of dried Herb De Provence and 2 TBS or 3 TBS of sea salt.  Coat these chicken thighs or drumsticks with the seasoning.  Place them in the dutch oven.  Cook at 325 degrees for 3 hours.  Then Turn up the broiler to high and take the cover (top) off and let it cook for another 5 minutes or longer just until they are brown and crispy!
All Done!  Soooo frigging good!
While chicken thighs were resting in the dutch oven with the top or cover on, I sautéed green collards and napa cabbage in EVOO and lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Yummy!  That was my dinner.  I indeed did eat 2nd 1/2 of chicken thigh.  Then I had Not Really La Madeline's Romanof Dessert.  Recipe of that is in one of my blogs.

I look forward to drinking L-glutamine and Bcaa drink before bedtime.  I predict I will have sore legs and arms.  I can feel them coming.

Good Night, y'all!







No comments:

Post a Comment